Antivirus Software – Why an Extra Layer of Security is Essential!
In a recent survey, we asked our customers if they use any other antivirus software protection or malware protection programs in addition to what came on their computers.
We are here to recommend additional antivirus software protection to all our customers.
While some devices come with built-in antivirus software protection, you still need to protect yourself with the latest and greatest antivirus software that is updated to protect you against new malware and other online threats that emerge every single day. The AV-Test Institute registers over 350,000 new pieces of malware and potentially unwanted applications (PUA) daily.
The only operating system that you do not need to install antivirus software on is iPhones. However, Windows, macOS, and Androids are still vulnerable.
What Does Antivirus Software Do?
Antivirus software is a program or set of programs that are designed to prevent, search for, detect, and remove software viruses, and malware. Antivirus solutions protect more than just laptops, office computers, smartphones, and tablets. They protect precious memories, music and photo libraries, and important documents from destruction by malware.
What is Malware?
Malware is a catch-all term for any type of malicious software designed to harm or exploit any programmable device, service, or network. Cybercriminals typically use it to extract data that they can leverage over victims for financial gain. That data can range from financial data to healthcare records, to personal emails and passwords—the possibilities of what sort of information can be compromised have become endless.
Peel Tech offers a complete antivirus solution called Watchtower. For less than $10 a month, our customers can protect themselves against malware and other online threats.
What is Watchtower?
Watchtower is a remote management, monitoring, and information security service. It not only protects against nasty malware and viruses, but it also allows you to receive seamless remote support from Peel Tech to optimize system updates, software installation, troubleshooting, and more.
What Do You Get With Watchtower?
- Remote Access / Control: Easily submit a service request with the click of a mouse. Users will be able to click on our logo, in the system tray, to open a service request. We can then help navigate issues by remoting into your computer or server without having to log on through a 3rd party site. It’s just easy!
- Patch Management: Automatically keeps your server and workstations up to date and in compliance. And this is ALL done behind the scenes or in the background.
- Monitors Device Performance: Gain insights into your CPU cycles, disk usage, memory allocation, bandwidth, files, logs, and more. We will set up customer-specific rules, thresholds, and alerts to prevent or stop issues before they occur or get worse. We will also be able to provide detailed system reports upon request.
- Online Security Enforcement & Intelligence: Predict and prevent online attacks before they happen. Web filtering and the ability to stop users from accessing or being victims of malicious websites and/ or attacks.
- Audit and Inventory: Discover and track system information and software details – no matter where the machine is located.
- Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware: Protect your devices against malicious software- configured and deployed across any workstation or server.
- Cloud Backup: (optional and cost depends on the size of backup) Seamlessly backup your systems on our cloud so you don’t have to worry if a system goes down or a laptop disappears and the data along with it.
- Saves you Money: In preparation for this program, we determined a high percentage of our service visits could be resolved remotely. This puts money back into your purse because now you aren’t paying for hourly minimums and travel time in some instances.