Here are a few tech tips based on frequently-asked questions from our customers.
Troubleshooting Amazon Echo
After rolling out the Echo, Dot and Tap, Amazon now has 8 Million people connected to an Amazon Echo device. We love them and they are super convenient, but they’re not perfect. We are happy to help troubleshoot if you’re having problems, but here are some things you can do without having to schedule a service call.
How to Extend your iPhone Battery Life
Nowadays, we reply on our smartphones just like we rely on oxygen and electronic products. Naturally, this makes us have higher demand to the battery life and hope it can last longer than a day. If this sounds like you, then read this article from our friends at Mashable with tips on conserving your battery.
Do the following to conserve battery life:
- Identify culprits. You can find a list of apps using the most battery resources in the battery usage section of the device’s main Settings menu
- Manage Background App Refresh
- Cool it with notification widgets
- Shut down parallax
- Stop location-tracking apps
- Turn down the brightness
- Don’t fetch
How to Create a Secure Password
Having a secure, unique password for each of your online accounts is critically important. If a scammer gets just one password, they can begin to access your other accounts. That’s why it’s important to have a strong, unique password for all your important accounts and profiles.
A strong password should have the following characteristics:
- More than 8 characters long
- Use lower case, upper case, a number, and a special character [like ~!@#$%^&*()_+=?><.,/]
- Not a word or date associated with you (like a pet’s name, family names, or birth dates)
- A combination of words with unusual capitalization, numbers, and special characters interspersed. Misspelled words are stronger because they are not in the dictionary used by attackers
- Something you can remember.
If you have a question not included in this post, please drop us a note (or ask your question in comments below) and we’ll be happy to help.