CASE STUDY | Retirement Community Tech Support Program
How Peel Tech Transformed Tech Support at Horizon House
Horizon House is a vibrant retirement community located in the heart of downtown Seattle. Their campus is home to close to 550 adults, 62 and better. Horizon House offers Independent Living for those seeking an active lifestyle, Assisted Living for those who need assistance with the daily activities of Living, and Memory Support for those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory loss. Their community believes each day should be filled with inspiration and purpose — that senior Living should be focused on Living. That’s why people with a true zest for life choose to call Horizon House their home.
Many residents depend on technology to keep them connected to family, friends, finances, hobbies, and more. The team at Horizon House was struggling to provide the best tech support to residents when they had an issue with their phones, computers, tablets, etc.
Residents didn’t know whom to ask when they had a question, and employees, doing their best to support each resident with technology needs, didn’t know how to solve most of the issues. As a result, everyone was a little frustrated. That’s when they reached out to Peel Tech. Since 2017, Peel Tech has helped the residents at Horizon House with all their tech support needs. From helping set up their technology from the day they arrive to providing ongoing technical support. We are considered their personal IT department.
- New resident tech set up for WiFi, TVs, smart devices, printers, computers, and more
- Free physical Tech Support Help Desk 2-days a week.
- On-demand in-apartment tech support when needed.
“The Peel Tech help desk is held twice a week and residents are always lined up and looking forward to getting the tech support they need. Peel Tech’s Senior Care Technologists are very knowledgeable and patient. Our relationship with Peel Tech has been worth every dollar we spend” MIKE OSTREM, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, HORIZON HOUSE
Frustration Free Help Desk Tech Support
- Bi-weekly help desk for three hours
- Average help desk participation is 64-96 residents a month
- The cost is underwritten by Horizon House
Part of the Horizon House Family
- Horizon House highlights Peel Tech IT support in their sales process
- Peel Tech replaced the internal defacto IT helper with a trusted/experienced IT professional
- Our tech is patient and knowledgeable, and caring to everyone who needs support
- In-apartment tech support for anything that’s needed beyond the help desk – wifi, desktops, printers, scanners, Bluetooth, smart TVs, and more
- We assist new residents with technology setup ○ Install TVs ○ Access to WiFi ○ Set up devices on the network
“Tech support for people 55 and better is essential to keep them connected to friends, family, lifestyle, health and wellness.” BROCK REED, FOUNDER, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, PEEL TECH